Filipino cooking isn’t an exact science, and the recipe below certainly isn’t an exact formula. Add vegetables and seasonings according to your own tastes. Pancit Bihon or Pancit Guisado is a Filipino noodle dish. This Pancit Recipe uses “Bihon” (rice sticks) or Canton mixed with pork, chicken, and vegetables. This dish is always served during Fiesta, birthday parties, and other special occasions. I always feel really cool when I make pancit, probably because my American husband loves it. I like Pancit too because it tastes good and it can be a complete meal by ityself. Aside from the fact that I have been eating this since I was a child, there is something really nice in every Pancit Bihon Recipe that is worth liking.
Try this Pancit Bihon/Guisado Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb pancit bihon (Rice Noodles)
- 1/2 lb pork, cut into small thin slices
- 1/2 lb chicken, cooked, deboned, and cut into thin slices
- 1/8 lb peapods or snow pea
- 1 cup carrot
- 1/2 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 to 4 cups water
- In a large pot, Saute the garlic and onion
- Add the pork and chicken then let cook for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken cube and water then simmer for 15 minutes
- Put in the carrots, peapod, cabbage, and celery leaves and simmer for a few minutes
- Remove all the ingredients in the pot except for the liquid and set them aside
- In the pot with the liquid in, add the soy sauce and mix well
- Add the pancit bihon (makes sure to first soak it in water for about 10 minutes) and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely
- Put-in the vegetables and meat that were previously cooked and simmer for a minute or two
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!