I started experimenting with cosmetics about two years ago. Previous to that, I didn’t even know how to apply mascara. Because I grew up being told that I didn’t “need” makeup, and since I’m an incredibly lazy person by nature I embraced this news with open arms lol.. And I learned in time that there are levels and reasons. Many of my friends with pale hair say that mascara is essentially “necessary” to keep them from looking entirely eyelash-free. So I started shaping and filling my brows and learn to curl my eyelashes. Then I learned that a swipe of lip gloss helped me look less pale in photos. And it was fun enough, but I still couldn’t fathom doing it every day. I still found plenty of women who wore nothing but Chap Stick and felt lovely as spring flowers.
1. Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15: Moisturizers by Sephora
2. Benefit Hello Flawless Honey SPF 15 : Powder by Sephora (I ♥ this)
3. Voluminous Mascara by L’Oreal
4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
5. Color Sensational Lipstick by Maybelline ( apply small amount)
6. Carmex Cherry Stick ( my fav lips moisturizer)
I know that many women cannot imagine leaving the house without makeup – some with everything from foundation to gloss, some with just mascara. And I’d love to hear from you all about your relationships with cosmetics, especially as they affect self-image. Above all the best beauty secret is always keep your face clean and drink a lot of water.